The Academic Affairs Committee is one of five sub-divisions of the University Park Undergraduate Association’s legislative branch. It serves as a forum to focus student concerns regarding academia and undergraduate education. All academic college representatives are required to sit on the Academic Affairs Committee. This committee also works closely with the University Faculty Senate.
Chair of Academic Affairs
Vice Chair of Academic Affairs
Director of Academic Affairs
Director of Educational Equity
Kazi Asifa Ashrafi
The Academic Affairs Committee is headed by the Assembly-elected Chair of Academic Affairs and the Committee-elected Vice Chair of Academic Affairs. The Academic Affairs Committee is assisted in its work by the Director of Academic Affairs and the Director of Educational Equity in the Executive Branch. These four people form the core leadership of the Academic Affairs Committee.
The Academic Affairs Committee is unique since all Academic Representative are required to sit on it. This is because the Academic Affairs Committee is in charge of relaying concerns to the Faculty Senate and each Academic Representative serves concurrently as a Student Senator on the Faculty Senate.
Student Council Roundtable
As a part of the Academic Affairs Committee’s objective to help focus concerns regarding academics, The 14th Assembly decided to recreate the the Student Council Roundtable. The Student Council Roundtable brings together delegates from all of the academic student councils so that they can improve communication between each other and can work on common academic goals. Below are the names of each student council, the name of their primary contact, and their primary contact’s email.
*The College of Arts and Architecture does not currently have a Student Council
- Advocate for Attendance & Assignment Leniency on Election Day
- Increase Affordability of Courseware and Custom-Edition Textbooks
- Rework Examination Policy to be More Student-Friendly
- Complete Overhaul of Graduation Requirements
- Create Policy for Class Cancellation & Rescheduling
- Create online submission for violation of Senate Policy
- Create an Online Submission for Violation of Senate Policy
- Build Preparatory Courses for Students Seeking Higher Education
- Continue to Advocate for Internship Reform
- Create Online Reservation System for Course Reserve Materials
- Create a Test Center Time Exchange Board at Pollock Testing Center
- Student Resource Link on Canvas
- Revitalize Use of SRTEs
- Provide Students with Pre-Enrollment Access to Syllabi
All questions and concerns on these matters and others similar to them can be sent to Chair Santos at firstname.lastname@example.org.