Executive Order 01 — Establishment of the Department of Civic Engagement
Executive Order 2020-01
July 31, 2020
ESTABLISHMENT OF THE DEPARTMENT OF CIVIC ENGAGEMENT
By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution of the University Park Undergraduate Association, it is hereby ordered as follows:
Section 1. Establishment.
- It is a yearly endeavor of this student government to encourage voter registration, education, and participation throughout the undergraduate student body. However, there exists no entity within the Executive Branch to house the institutionalized facilitation of these civic engagement efforts from year to year. Accordingly, the Department of Civic Engagement (Department) shall be created.
- The Department’s structure and actions shall be recorded by the Department of Records for the purpose of maintaining sustainable practices for all future administrations of the University Park Undergraduate Association (UPUA)’s Executive Branch.
Sec. 2. Mission and Purpose.
- The Department shall be headed by the Executive Director of Civic Engagement, and shall be developed and expanded by that Executive Director in consultation with the President.
- It shall function to develop, expand, and oversee the comprehensive strategy of civic engagement services and functions including but not limited to:
- increasing student voter registration;
- furthering student engagement on Election Day, and;
- solidifying relationships to achieve these goals with entities such as the Center for Character, Conscience and Public Purpose (CCCPP), the Centre County League of Women Voters (CCLWV), and the UPUA’s Committee on Governmental Affairs.
314 HUB-ROBESON CENTER,
July 31, 2020.